Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Things Go to Hell in a Handbasket So Quickly w/a 4 Yr Old

So last night we were enjoying the evening. All was at peace in the world. I was laying on the couch watching Soapnet, while T sat at the laptop playing on noggin. As it got past 10:00, I started telling her that we'd have to go to bed soon.

She ignored me, and continued playing.

Me: Taylor, you need to finish up b/c we need to go night night.

Silence. No acknowledgment. T continued playing.

Me: Taylor, you need to look at me when I talk to you and acknowledge what I'm saying...

Silence. T continued playing and ignoring me.

Me miffed: Taylor Jordan, if you don't look at me, the computer is over for the night.

Silence. T continued playing now with a smirk.

Me pissed at the smirk: That's it, little girl. I get up and slam the laptop closed.

Good.Lord.

All Hell broke loose. You'd think I was the worst mom in the world and that I tortured her on an hourly basis.

I suspect that this whole little scenario took about 30 seconds.

Life with a 4 yr old.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

chart said...

Grin and bare it - cool off in the pool, then go to Nordstroms for dinner - stop by Toys are Us and get T something she absolutely can't live without and the world will be right again. xx00xx




toys are Us and buy something T

chart said...

I messed up a little on that one. Please delete the runaway last words.....C

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: