Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Crazy Kid

Last night T slept in her own room....all through the night. She announced to me that she wanted to sleep "all by myself". I was thrilled to hear that. Then, she completed the sentence with the following words: "in my new bed".

Huh? Since I know I haven't purchased any new beds, I didn't know what she was talking about. T took me by the hand, and led me into her room, where she showed me her "new bed". She had created a bed in the closet, using all the covers from her bed, and a few more. Thinking I was being particularly clever, I told her sure, you can sleep there. I figured that as soon as I turned out the lights, she'd be out like a flash and back in with me in my bed. Well, she called my bluff.

The child proceeded to sleep the whole night, half in and half out of the closet, as you can see from the picture, which was taken first thing this morning, when I woke up and was shoked to realize T was still in there asleep.

We'll see what happens tonight.

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Did it repeat or was it a one-time thing? May have to try it at our house....

Dorothy said...

Who cares where she sleeps (as long as she does sleep). Looks comfy to me, maybe I'll try it this weekend.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: