Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Medical Update

So, yesterday we went to two appointments for my mom. First, we went to the Ear Doctor, who cleaned out her other ear and administered a hearing test. As we all knew, she can't hear worth a damn, and needs a hearing aid. In fact, she needs two. I'll be making an appointment in the future to have her fitted for them.

2nd, we had her appointment with the neurologist. Turns out she doesn't have any epilepsy, based on the 24 hour EEG test of a few weeks ago. That's a relief. Now, the doc wants her to go get, what I understood to be, an MRI of her brain that either measures or traces (or both ) the blood flow in her brain. This new test tries to figure out why she had a stroke and I guess the liklihood of another, and what could be done to prevent it. Who knows. Anyway, this new test is only given on mondays at the hospital. I'm thinking of scheduling both appointments for the same day, but don't know if either my mom or I would be able to do them both and have me keep my sanity.

Meanwhile, can I just say that I hate doctor appointments? BOTH prima donna doctors were running about an hour late from the scheduled appointment time. I wouldn't have minded, except my mom has no patience. She has no where to go and no where she has to be, yet the whole time we're there, she's saying to me, "lets come back another day", or "I want to go home", or similar statements.

Driving.Me.Crazy. AAARRRRGGGG!

Meanwhile, I made appointments for both me and T at the dentist. T has never been, and I haven't been in so long that its an embarassment. My doc administers laughing gas whenever he cleans your teeth, or really does anything. Nice, legal way to get high. I figure I'm due!

So, we'll see how things play out. Whatever happens, I'll be laughing real soon.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

I highly recommend a pediatric dentist for T. Sara goes more regularly than I do :) She loves the dentist. Your dentist may do pediatrics or have one in their office. The pediatric dentists are great with kids and gentle in cleanings and all that fun stuff :) For the first appointment, Sara straddles my lap and leaned back for her check/cleaning. She got so much loot we could barely carry it. No sense creating the fear before absolutely necessary.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

yes, t's dentist is pediatric. I'm psyched b/c he's on the dental insurance we have. No one is EVER a listed doc on our plan, so that's a bonus! My doc isn't on the insurance, but I figure he's worth it b/c of the gas!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: