Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Plans in the works...and other nonsense

We have some fun stuff coming up in the next week or so. On Sat., we have our big Girl Scout cookie sale. We will be hanging out at a nearby grocery store, hocking cookies to every poor soul who gets within 30 feet of us. Wish us luck.

We then will get our hair cut, and hopefully go off to a carnival that's in town in the evening. I'm keeping that under wraps from you-know-who, just in case I dont feel like going.

Then, since next week is spirit week at school, we're planning what to wear.

On monday, she must wear anything in the school colors. I see a target run in our future.

Tuesday is Blast from the Past day, where she can go dressed in clothes from the 50's through the 80's. T will wear her gogo boots and dress from Aunt Ceci with peace signs all over it. She looks like "that girl" in it. Um, can I just say that this irks a bit and since when are the 80's now included in "oldies" celebrations? That's when I was graduating high school. It was just yesterday, right? RIGHT??? but i digress...

Wednesday is "Pastor Appreciation Day". Hmm. Catholic School. Always throwing in the religion. Guess that's not a bad thing, but the kids have to wear their uniforms and go to church. bummer.

Thursday is Wacky Tacky Day, where she will wear a wild, mis-matched outfit. Additionally, we have to pack her daisy uniform, so that she can perform a quick change routine in the car, as Thursday is also our big Daisy Restaurant Extravaganza, where the girls will practice their newly-minted manners.

So that's what's on our plate for the near future.

Meanwhile, we were in nordstrom last night, and I see THE CUTEST bathing suit. I point it out to T, who takes it off the rack and holds it up to her body. She then announces, "No, I don't think its big enough". A strange statement since she was holding what looked to be a size 8. When questioned, she said...and I quote...."I don't think its big enough to cover my weenie" What do you mean your weenie, I screeched. She then proceeded to point "down below".

Huh? My mouth drops to the floor. Clearly, I've got some 'splainin to do, which we started discussing, right in the middle of the damned store. When done, I come back to reality, to realize about 4 - 5 other moms had been listening to our nonsense, and were laughing their asses off. We exited the store, at the speed of light and went home to have a glass of wine to settle my nerves.

Life with an almost-six year old.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

OMG, ya'll are so busy you make me tired. Cookie Sales, hair cuts, spirit week, weenies, so many irons in the fire - Good luck in all your endeavors. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: