Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Bloggy Holiday Blahs

Hi all,

Nothing much going on around here other than the post-holiday doldrums:

  • I've had writers block. Uninspired.
  • Nothing much going on the last week or so.
  • Dealt with taking the schoolbus to the shop for repairs. AGAIN.
  • Trying to get my new glasses: They screwed up one of the pairs and I had to pick out and order different ones. They won't be in for a week.
  • My house looks boring and bare, as all the decorations have been put away.
  • I need to go on a diet (this alone is enough to depress anyone, right?)

Luckily, everything has been surprisingly quiet at 123 street. Both parental units are behaving at the moment. Please, collectively, knock on wood for me!

Some fun stuff, though, is coming up, to get us back on track. Tomorrow is t's daisy scout meeting. I'll be presenting a lecture on table manners, for the girls to earn a petal. Also organizing a trip to a restaurant so that they can practice their newly-minted manners. Plus, cookies get delivered. Can't wait for my first frozen thin mint cookie! I'll try and get some pics of the fun

Meanwhile, there is some exciting happenings starting on Friday. Its a surprise, so tune in Friday for the start of the fun.

Meanwhile, I'd like to share with you all a New Year's prayer I recently discovered:

Dear God,

Please give me a really fat bank balance and a really skinny body in the new year.

Please, God, show mercy on your daughter, and be careful not to mix those two things up, as you've been doing for the last few years.

Love Carol

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

So happy to know there was no trouble in paradise. That blah illness has spread to Broward County. Got a touch of it myself. Good luck with the Daisy's. I'm waiting on Friday for the fun to start. xox

Laura said...

I posted something very similar to that prayer as my Facebook status! Feel better.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: