Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cousin fun never stops!

After adventureland, we made our way to frontierland. While the 2 big boys were busy on the thunder mountain RR, I took T and P off to the shooting gallery, where T just wanted to watch. Sense a theme here?

In front of the gallery is this checkers table, where they sat down to play. P is a flat-out checker-shark. I've never seen a kid so young play with such skill. The one time I conned him into letting T take one of his pieces, in the very next move he took back two of hers! He was just setting us up! Well, you know this whole incident did not sit well with my competitive little girl. Luckily, the other boys showed up before she could fly across the board to draw blood b/c she wasn't winning. Crisis averted, whew!

After this, the cousins went to the haunted mansion, while T and I sat on a porch in rocking chairs and she played on my phone. While we were in the park for over 9 hours this day, I must say it was quite relaxing for me with all the sitting around I was doing! Best park day for me yet!

And then we entered fantasyland. T was so excited to share with the boys her favorite ride in the whole wide world: Its a small world. She was literally jumping up and down in excitement. I admit the ride was not as big a hit as others, but I think they secretly enjoyed it, despite it being a "girly" ride.

Chris and I then forced the big boys onto the teacups. And I do mean forced. How in the world could they think that this was not a fun ride? Kids today, don't know what they're missing. Chris and I would ride this thing over and over, trying to see who would cry uncle first. Neither of us ever did. We would spin the thing so fast that I'm surprised the damned cup didn't break off and take flight. ah well.

One thing we were successful in doing, is sharing our love for all things arcade. Both of us considered ourselves quite the pinball wizzards, back in the day. Our children seem to have inherited the same "arcade fever".
Lastly we were off to tomorrow land. This last pic was taken while waiting in line for the speedway. It is also evidence of what happens when you ask 9 and 10 yr old boys to pose for a picture with their little cousin. T the ham, strikes quite the pose. The boys, on the otherhand, could not scramble out of the picture fast enough!

Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: