Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pre-Halloween Mall Shopping

We were up bright and early to go to the mall this morning. Dot needed a new winter coat, since she's spending so much time in Ohio and Idaho, where its frickin' freezing already in Oct. We down here aren't used to any real cold (40's) until at least Jan.

Plus, remember how proud I was of the fancy pants shoes I bought T for school? Figured I'd splurge a bit a get good ones? Well, the velcro has literally worn off (the spikey side), and the shoes fly off her feet when she's running, often tripping her up. They lasted from 9/20 to 10/30. I'll be testing out Nordstrom's famous return policy with them quite soon. Meanwhile, we had to get new ones immediately, so we hit the old reliable striderite outlet. Broke my heart b/c they are not patent leather. Just old dull black.

While at the mall, we scored these cute halloween PJs at the gymboree outlet. $4.99. How could I resist, especially since they glow in the dark! T can't wait and insists on laying under the lights to speed up the glowing process. She's been in them since about 4:30 p.m.

We're again poised to watch Scared Shrekless again tonight, in its encore showing. The facepaint has been pulled out of the bowels of my closet, and we are so ready for tomorrow. Even I have a costume!

While at Burlington coat factory with Dot, I scored these fab xmas decorations.

I LOVE THEM.

I may go back tomorrow and get a few more things.

Meanwhile, I have grudgingly deigned to wait until next weekend before decorating for xmas. I so wanted to do it this weekend, but Dot put her foot down in protest. Sigh.

This little bit of holiday cheer is tiding me over. A small fix for the xmas addict.

God, I love this time of year!

Posted by Picasa

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: