Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Milestone to Note


T read her first book to dot and I on friday night. I bought the book "There was an old lady who swallowed a bat". Similar to the old story of the old lady swallowing a fly, but with a halloween theme.


I really don't think that she memorized the story after hearing it the first time, as she read the thing again, cold, tonight. Dot and I are thrilled. We're trying to convince her to bring it to grandma and grandpa's house to impress them and Aunt connie tomorrow.


We'll see. T rarely performs on my cue. She usualy balks.

My first book was in 1st grade: Green Eggs and ham, read to my Grandpaw Taylor, who was living with us at the time.


Do you remember what your first "real" book was?

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Laura said...

Sara's first book (and overall fave to read) is one called "Only One You" - very cute book. She also loves reading her many many many books associated with The Little Mermaid. Mine was a Sesame Street Book, "The Monster at the End of This Book." I think it was late in Kindergarten.
What's T. going to be for Halloween? Sara's going as a fairy. According to the costume box, a "Blue Pixie" fairy to be exact.

Alice said...

Kudos to Taylor! You giving her the encouragement and support she needs is invaluable! I'm so happy that Taylor continues to be a bright spot in your life. You've been through so much with your parents...I'm happy that you have a diversion! Stay focused on the positives in your life...it helps you get through the rough spots!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: