Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

MakeUp and the Middle Aged Woman

So, my party. Had a fab time. Food and company were great.

In anticipation of my big party at an adult restaurant, I decided to put on some makeup. I haven't worn full make up in about 4 or 5 years. I'm not talking concealer, a swish of face powder, eye liner and mascara. That's what I now wear for special occasion...or trials. Other days I confess that I've degenerated into wearing nothing but a bit of lipstick. Nope, I'm talking foundation, eyeshadow, and blush. the whole shebang.

Unfortunately I've notice some huge differences since I last wore makeup.

All I can say is thank god for my vanity mirror...that reverses to a magnification mirror. Otherwise, there would have been no way on the face of this earth that I would have been able to apply my eye make up. I literally couldn't see to do it.

What's worse, I put on my foundation, and noticed it kept getting caught up in ....frickin' crows feet and telltale wrinkles. I had fine streaks of foundation all around my face, that I then had to carefully rub out. Thank god I still had the mirror on magnification, otherwise I doubt I would have seen the faint lines.

God damn.

Who would have thought I could go to pot so quickly...just 5 years? Of course, they are the hard T years, so maybe that explains things. I'm placing the blame direectly at my daughters feet!

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Wanda said...

....exactly where it belongs!!! All their fault!! I held off the tide of the inevitable for years and then came daughter #1 and whoosh.......and then #2....there is no hope now. Just memories. Oh well....good thing they're cute!!!

Got a picture to back up what you're claiming? I'll take off my glasses before I look.

=)

Alyson and Ford said...

You are way too young for such talk! But make up is the only thing I now pretend that can turn back the hands of time....Maybe we need a make up party with some professional help!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

park it said...

that is so funny - in the last yr 0 my close vision - with contacts in - SUCKS - i put on readers - and am all - LOOK letters - Rats!!!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: