Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi all,

Hope your thanksgiving was very happy. Ours was. Dot cooked up a storm. For some reason, the turkey this year is CRAZILY good. FREAKILY good. Neither Dot nor I understand it, but we're going with it! I think between the 2 of use, we've already had 4 or 5 turkey sandwiches since lunch yesterday.

We loaded up all the food, and hauled it over to my parents house. It was nice to all be together. We left them around 3, watching Miracle on 34th street, and came home to nap. I needed to nap b/c I picked up a bug in the ER at the childrens hospital. I've had a hacking cough and runny nose for a couple days now. Plus, generally feeling like crap. I stayed home and Dot and T went out to the movies to see Tangled. Both came home RAVING about how good it was.

This morning on Black Friday, I was up at about 4:30. T got up around 5:30. As I was headed out to the mall, T starts saying how she want to come too. Talk about TOTALLY blowing my shopping strategy. How the hell can i buy her presents when she's with me. So, I let her come and figured I'd shop for everyone else.

Unfortunately, I was totally uninspired. I got a few nightgowns for my mom, and the rest was a Carol Christmas.

I scored a new Cannon Elph camera, a new iron, and one of those magic bullet mixers albeit an off-brand. On TV, the real magic bullet is 99.99 for two. In BB and Beyond its 59.99. In Macy's, I picked up an off-brand for 19.99 with a 10.00 mail in rebate...and I promptly LOST my receipt and rebate docs. Grrrr. Isn't that always the case?

So, we're home again about to eat some more leftovers. Tomorrow we have a birthday party and Sunday will be a day of rest. I'm just worried b/c T was coughing a bit at the mall. Hope she's not picking up what I have.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: