Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Life's Little Ironies

So, T went trick or treating on halloween and got lots of candy. Mom went trick or treating with her and got the flu. Sick as a dog. Stayed home from work on Monday and Tuesday, due to fever. It broke tuesday afternoon, so I was at work today.

At work, but feeling like crap. So, when T suggested going to Nordstrom for dinner tonight I pretended to grudgingly conceded. Frankly, I couldn't have been more thrilled as I was starving and in no mood to fix anything. Plus, I had some old shoes with worn-out velcro to return.

Anyway, as we were driving to the store, I start in on a stern lecture to T about how we're not going to buy anything, how just b/c we go to a store doesn't mean that she gets a gift every time, yada yada yada. I was quite please with my lecture and T's sweet response of "OK, mama".

I was pleased, that is, until we walked into the store and saw that it was the first day of their twice-yearly, big sale. ACK! Just my luck. Especially when I suggested that maybe would could look at a few clothes (thinking my department) and T throws my words right back into my face...

"But you said we weren't buying anything"

Being a consistent parent sucks.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dot said...

So did they take the shoes back?

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Of course. No questions asked. Looked up the purchase in their computer, and gave me a full credit on the card that was used to purchase them.

Nordstrom's Rocks!

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: