Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, August 9, 2010

This and That

Well, first off, a Taylor-tragedy has occurred. I pick T up from school and she was quite the despondent little girl. Drama queen Taylor is EXCELLENT at doing despondent. I quickly learned the reason why...

T lost her 4th tooth today at camp, and horror of horrors....has LOST the tooth. T blames Valentina, whom she claims pushed her and made her drop her tooth. Apparently all the camp king's horses and camp king's men couldn't find Taylor's tooth again. Oy, the lamenting I was treated to, about how the tooth fairy would never come now that the tooth was lost.

T, who CLEARLY knows how to play her mom, finally stopped her belly aching when I offered to take her to the book store and pick out something, in lieu of the tooth fairy. She's now happy at home with her book, that has vinyl stickers that one sticks on to various princess scenes.

This is T's last week of camp. Next week, she goes back to her old daycare for a week, and then school starts again.

Meanwhile, we spent Sunday at my parents house, re-organizing it. We're preparing to bring my mom home from the nursing home. She's fairly stable on her medications, and wants nothing more than to be in her own home. It all depends on my dad cooperating.

We've lost the battle with mobility. My mom will never walk, nor stand by her self again. She's incapable of it, and no amount of physical therapy will help. All she wants to do is be in bed. While we will force her to get up for a few hours each day, the other time she'll spend in bed. So, we've moved her bed out of the bedroom and into the florida room. That way, she'll be around other people and action. Plus, she'll be able to look outside. Can't do that in her bedroom, as the windows are so high up.

So, say a prayer that this will work. I keep telling my dad that just b/c she's coming home, doesn't mean she's magically better. She's still a sick lady with lots of medical problems. If this stint at home doesn't work, our only alternative will be to bite the bullet and place her in a nursing home long-term.

So, that's it for now. Hopefully I can get a picture of T in all of her snaggle toothed wonder, for your viewing pleasure.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

So T has gone from a Rose to a snaggled tooth actress. This kid is a work in progress and I'm loving it. With all my heart I'm hoping the florida room change works out. I know it will make my sister happier. Love to all...xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: