Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Success

First day of school was a raging success! T chose to go with the ponytail w/headband option. She was very, very excited.

We were out of the house bright and early, and T kindly posed for the obligatory pictures.

Taylor's class is very big and bright. It also has more students in it than last year. 25 vs 16. Each student had an assigned seat, with their own pencil pouch filled with supplies...and labeled with their name. It was decorated with a "Monsters Go to School" theme, which I thought was very appropriate. T's school keeps the same students together in class, until about 2nd grade. Then, they start mixing them up with the other class. Therefore, T knew almost 1/2 the kids in her class. The added kids are new students.


When I picked her up from aftercare, she was appropriately filthy, so I knew she had a good time. I was trying to figure out what was different about the kids, and finally it dawned on my that all their uniforms were a bit too long and a tad too big. The Laura Ingalls look is particularly popular at the beginning of the year!

What makes me especially happy, is that the teachers report that she was a good girl. I'm hoping that lasts. T doesn't deal well with rejection, and I think she has the makings of a bit of a bunny burner (stalker). My friend Marie prefers the term "loyal friend".

T reported today that "the only reason I kept following the other Daniel, was that I wanted to play with him." Uh-oh. Apparently, he didn't want to necessarily play with her, and told her to stop following him. You may recall, this is the boy in the grade above T, with whom she professed undying love last year. Oy.

I'm just happy she didn't haul off and punch the kid. So, as I titled this post: Success!

Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

What a great day...the fun begins.
Wishing the very best for T and hoping she doesn't have to poke Donald in the nose. Love...xox
PS - Also extending my relentless support to T's Mom.

Connie said...

Oops - His name is Daniel ! ! !

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: