Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

123 Update

Well, things are going OK at the parent's house. Of course, its just been over 24 hours. Dot spent the night last night, gave everybody tylenol pm, and had a quiet night. I was over this morning to take my dad to the doc. Rest of the day was w/o incident. My mom spent most in bed. My dad spent most on the couch. When I left he was in the bedroom dozing.

One thing I have noticed is that with my mom out in the Fla room, usually sleeping, my dad comments that she doesn't look so good. We keep emphasizing that just b/c she's home, she's not well. She's still a sick lady who just happens to be stable on her meds.

Yesterday when mom returned home in the afternoon, she was very confused. Didn't really remember her house or where she was. Kept wanting to go into the bedroom. Didn't forsee that, but should have, I guess. Now Dot and I are worrying that she'll insist on moving the bed back to the bedroom, and all hell will break loose again. So far, crisis averted.

Meanwhile, advil pm is my new best friend. I've had 3 nights of rest despite the stress. Dot is spending the night there again tonight. Ico the aid has been nervous to be there alone. I've counselled her to spend most of her time there upstairs, so that my dad doesn't get used to her being around.

So, we're taking it all one day at a time. Que sera, sera.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Update: apparently my mom is much more alert and talkative at night. Isn't as confused. We're all praying for another quiet night.

Connie said...

I can understand why my sister was confused about coming home. She has had very little time there during the past 7 months. I keep hoping things will return to somewhat normal or at least tolerable. Kudos to you, Dottty and Ico. Love.....xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: