Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow is HUGE day....

FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!!!!

I can't tell you how excited T is for Kindergarten to start. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Cabezas, who seems really nice. We have everything together and ready to go. T brings a blanket and small pillow to school. While they don't nap, they do have quiet time when the put their heads down on the desk for 20 - 30 minutes. They will do this until January, when the go cold-turkey and there will be no napping or quiet time at all.
I hope not to jinx anything, but things are going OK at 123 street. My mom's bed in the Fla room, so far, is working out well. Dot and I are praying that it continues. She goes to Houston tomorrow, so its just me here if things go to hell.
Meanwhile, I deal with stress as I always do...I go shopping. I have a small a/c pipe leak which needs to be sealed. While I have the handyman here, I'm going to have him install a new toilet and new sink. Also one of those nifty curved shower curtain rods that make it feel like there's tons more room in the bath.
Lastly, T has some big, big news to share. Her hair is finally long enough for her to wear a pony tail. In the past, she's been stuck with either pigtails or a top knot. She's been eyeing Dot's ponytail for years now, and finally has gotten there. Of course, she would have had a pony tail a year ago had she not taken scissors to her hair, but that's another story.

So, the excitement is building, and I'll make sure to get lots of photos of her first day of school. She insists on wearing a ponytail to school, and she's currently debating whether to wear a headband with it, or not headband.

Boy, I long for the days when my only problem was whether or not to wear a headband!

Posted by Picasa

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

You really had some good news. So happy things are going well at 123. Just remember - I'm only about an hour away (if I push it) if you need help. I know Dotty has a full travel schedule till the end of the year. I just hope she doesn't make herself sick worrying about the home front. T will be so cute with a pony tail and the headband can be iffy. It won't take her long to get everyone in their proper place and let them know she is in charge. WTG T. xox

Laura said...

Can't wait to see pics. Sara starts Tuesday. Where did the time go? Hoping things remain peaceful with your parents too.

Laura said...

I want more pics from the first day!!! (Demands from the fans!)

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: