Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Safari Continued....

 Here's a last picture of the part of the waterpark, so you can get an idea of what it was like.   T thoroughly enjoyed it.  We then paused for lunch...hotdogs, chips, and slurpees.   As I always say, the fun doesn't begin til somebody's got a blue tongue!
 We then went off to feed the giraffes, which T balked at doing at the last minute.  I couldn't blame her, though, as it was a bit intimidating being so close to them.  Their heads look little from the ground, but up close they are huge.   Even though I know they are not carnivores and only eat leaves and twigs, I couldn't get the picture of them chomping off T's hand, so I was secretly quite relieved!
 We then found a little area, and paused to take funny picutres.
 It's great....to be...a Florida Gator! 


 So, we quit monkeying around the phony picture shots, and went on to enjoy the rest of the park.  There was a small gooney golf area, a merry go round, a ferris wheel that we did not do, paddle boats that we did not do, all kinds of animal displays that we observed, and some shows that we never seemed to be in time for.
 As the afternoon wound down, I realized that we were very close to the Wellington Green mall.  Gorgeous newer mall with the only Naartjie store in Florida.   We headed off there intending to do a bit a shopping and get some dinner while we let rush hour traffic die down.
More on the mall trip later.  It turned out to include the most stressful 20 minutes of my life...to date.  All is well though, and we are having a slow day today to calm my nerves.

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

I feel like I have been to Lion
Country. What a trip. I'm now waiting for news of 20 minutes of stress. xxoxx

Anonymous said...

Lions, and tigers and bears oh my...or giraffes. Sounds like fun except for the Wellington mall. Wonder what happened. Len does not like me to go there alone, as they have some gang activity out there despite the area. Glad you guys are having fun. Love to all. Kathie

Anonymous said...

Did you loose Taylor at the mall? Love her outfit and it looks like you had a blast at Lion Country Safari.

Hope all is well and that you are pleasantly recouperating with a cocktail and book!

xoxo,
Cecilia

Aunt Connie said...

Still waiting to hear about 20 minutes of stress. Do you want me to grab my slingshot and go after'em??? xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: