Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Itch-a-mania

Well, what's new around here?   I've been itching so bad you'd a thunk I'd been bit by a swarm of skeeters.  No just the onset of my first real allergy.   At the ripe old age of 47, after over 30 years of eating shrimp (my mom in no  way liked seafood but discovered popcorn shrimp in my late teens), I believe I'm allergic. 

It all started Tuesday night when I heated up some leftover shrimp pasta that Dot had made.   about 30 minutes or so later I realized I was itchy.   I thought I must be peeling from the sunburn I got last week at the venetian pool, but realized I'm not peeling.   The itching just kept getting worse and worse, and I had a strange tingling around my lips. 

Took a benadryll to no avail.  Visited the doc in the afternoon and scored some perscription drugs,  the itching eased but no right away.  Its now mostly gone, but not 100%.  I'm now in search of an allergist to determine what the allergy is to.  I remain convinced it was the shrimp.

Boo hoo.   No more costco shrimp salad.  No more shrimp cocktail.  No more spicy shrimp from the Sakaya Kitchen. 

 I'm distraught.

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: