Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, April 27, 2012

CSI LIttle Havana

So, I'm awakened from a deep sleep by a noise that sounded like a bang similar to the noise my kitchen cabinets make when closing.   I thought that was wierd but figured it might be my old house settling or perhaps my a/c.

A short time passed and I heard it again.   Time passed then again.   That voice in my head was saying something was wrong, but I convinced myself (correctly) that no one could be inside  as my alarm didn't go off.

Then my alarm blew. 

I turned on lights,  didn't see anything in my L/R, got T and brought her into my room, locked the door and called 911.   Within minutes, a platoon of City of Miami Police officers were at my house and a perimeter was set up.

Not quite sure of the circumstances, but one suspect was found within the perimeter.   Gloves were recovered along with his cell phone.

After my house was secured, crime scene went to work because of this:


Yes, that is in fact a crowbar wedged into my window at the back of my house.  No prints recovered, but DNA was obtained.   If they can match it to the guy in custody, he will be arrested for my case.   Right now he's under arrest for loitering and prowling/trespass due to where he was arrested.

He never made it into my house, except perhaps a hand as he raised the window.

Right now I'm thanking god that I set my alarm.  I'm also thinking about shopping for some really strong solid wood doors for the bedrooms.   The thought of only my cheap, hollow, basically cardboard doors between T and I and a threat was not comforting at all.

Needless to say,  I've been up since it happened.

6 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

OMG, Carol. April has been a terrifying month for you and T.
Hopefully May will bring only good things. I don't know which of the last 2 incidents could be the worse. Thank God for taking care of you and T. Love to all 5.

~Stacey said...

Oh my goodness...how scary!! Glad everyone is ok!

Aunt Connie said...

Hope things have settled down for you and T. Have you had time to check the allergy problem? XXOOXX

alice said...

So sorry to hear about the attempt to get in! But very thankful you and T are ok. Wishing you calm and peaceful days!

KaraP said...

Oh My, Glad you are all okay. Praise the Lord that you are both safe and sound.

KaraP said...

Glad you are all okay. Praise the Lord. Alarms are wonderful. I sleep much better when ours is set. Especially when Mitch is away.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: