Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bad Blogger

Yeah, I've been a bad blogger lately. Seems I'm just a bit too busy. So....what's been going on lately?

  • Dot turned 50 last week. My parents and I pooled our $$ and bought her an ipad. T was so excited she couldn't stand it, and hogged the thing all last weekend. Everytime Dot would try to do something on the iPad, T would see her, say that she could teach her, would worm her way onto Dot's lap, and take control not letting Dot touch the thing. Funniest thing you ever saw.
  • We discovered love notes in T's bookbag. Two. She was writing them to Daniel. She wrote her notes on notebook paper, and fashioned them into paper airplanes. She gave one to him last week. It said, and I quote...."Will you be the jelly in my peanut butter sandwich" What does that mean? Apparently, she saw it on one of her cartoons (no idea which one), and decided it was the perfect phrase to express her undying love. Oy.
  • My brand spankin new laptop computer stopped working. 17 days after purchase. Problem is and unbeknownst to me, best buy return policy on laptops is 14 frinkin days. who knew? I was sick. I went out to the store anyway, and presented it to their geek squad. The kid said they would exchange it. What a relief. Of course, trying to complete the transaction caused a flurry of conferences between the cashier and managers. They were balking and trying to get out of the deal. I kept insisting that the geek squad said it would be exchanged. Fortunately, they grudgingly "made an exception", and exchanged the thing. Finally, a bit of luck goes my way.
  • I'm jones'in for a new iphone. I'm eligible for an upgrade, and the new one came out yesterday. My battery on my old one is awful, and doesn't last the whole day without charging. I'll wait a few weeks, though, for the crowds to die down. T will inherit my old phone. The phone won't work, but all the games will. So I need to download a bunch of games to it, before buying a new one. She's very excited.
  • My parents continue to do as well as can be expected. Mom's hanging in there, and Dad continues to cooperate with rehab, while drugged to the gills. Better Living through Chemicals may be the new family motto!

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: