Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Do Over!

Well, we picked our jury, they were sworn on the case, and the next morning...Tuesday...def starts pretending that she was incompetant. We all knew she wasn't, but because the last evals were almost 2 years ago now, everything stopped so that 3 psychiatrists could evaluate her. As suspected, they all came back on Friday stating that she was malingering...or pretending to be crazy. Unfortunately, a few of the jurors were unavailable next week, so the defense asked for a mistrial, and we are starting over again on Monday. Do over! The last few days were filled with lots of nonsensical courtroom drama. I really should write a book someday. The defense lost their minds when I requested she be tossed in jail pending expedited psych evals, she cursed me and said that everyone I loved would die...according to her dead ancestors and santaria gods. She was contemptuous to the judge, and Marie and I had to run around the courthouse looking for clothes to fit her (size 26), since she was wearing god-awful bright orange prison garb...which is prejudicial for the jury to see. There were none. When corrections hunted some up, she refused to wear "someone else's clothes". In the end, the defense luckily put an end to the farce and asked for a mistrial. The State could not, as double jeopardy had attached. We start over on monday, picking a brand new jury. I went out today and bought a few new trial blouses for under my suits. We also did some roller skating. t is getting better and better. As for the curse, all I can say is that I've got some pretty tough customers lurking way back on the family tree... on both sides. A bunch of IRA militants on one side and good ole' southern boys from the USA on the other. Add in some unknown Chinese warriors and all I can say is my ancestors can take her ancestors any day. Bring it on! meanwhile, blogger is suddenly ignoring my spacing and paragraphs, and moshing it all together as one. Trying to figure that one out. I've just tried to fix it for the 2nd time. Let's see if it worked....

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Brownie Troop 157 said...

crap. didn't work and I can't figure out why.

Apologies for the run-on paragraph

Great Aunt Connie said...

It's not over till it's over. In the meantime, we have a "Do Over". You know I'm knee deep in all this and about ready to do a little voodoo myself. We'll see. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: