Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Breaking News from Tampa

As many of you may know, Dot and T took off to Tampa on Monday, to visit Aunt Ceci and the kids. T is on Easter vacation. I'm stuck at home in an eerily quiet house. So, I've been getting period reports from them.

Ceci mentioned that the highlight of Taylor and Baisler's late afternoon swim, was the lizard that ran into Aunt Dot's mouth. Huh????

I asked Dot what in the world happened, and she emailed me the following first-hand account:

We were around the pool. Me and Cec sitting in chairs, B&T swimming. They get
out and B picks up a net and starts to chase a lizard. It runs under my chair,
I keep talking. Next thing you know it's on my cheek. I open my mouth to scream
and it went into my mouth. I was holding a big glass of water and totally
drenched myself B&T thought that was the funniest thing.

This morning we went to the Aquarium. It's very nice, all indoors. Then went
to lunch, picked up B and then the 2 of them swam. They all just left for Tai
Kwon Do. T just took a shower and we're waiting to go meet the Manville's at
Carrabbas in about an hour.

All I can say to that is....HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! This story just so creeps me out. She could have choked to death. What it the lizard continued to run down her throat and choked her? Oy.

Who knew all this fun and excitement went on in Tampa?



Meanwhile, I think that Jordan girls are being plagued by lizards. On the drive home, and big green lizard jumped from my rearview mirror onto my driver's door window....that was luckily UP. I almost wrecked. For the next 20 blocks I proceeded to knock on the window like a maniac with anything I could get my hands on. I suspect other drivers thought I was nuts. Anyway, it finally jumped off my car when I almost emptied my window washing fluid on it.


I wonder if my defendant and her curses have anything to do with this?



4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Brownie Troop 157 said...

I inexplicably have line spacing again. Hip, Hip Hooray!!!!

Anonymous said...

baahaa...reminds of the scene in the remake of Parent Trap, when the sisters take the father and fiance' on camping trip, and lizard goes into fiance's mouth. OMG. I would have well...you know...Sh...myself...omgomgomg. Hope they are otherwise having a fabulous vacation. Love the pictures. All the best. Kathie

Aunt Connie said...

Leaping lizards - Sounds like a lizard curse. I'll work on this.
Dorothy, that was awful but glad you only drenched yourself. I guess all in all it cured the line spacing problem. xox

Anonymous said...

No need to worry. I know how to do the Heimlich (I just can't spell it!).
xoxo
Cecilia

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: