Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Teeth, braids, and time

What could these three things possibly have in common? Its just our life.

Big new (in my opinion) is that T lost another tooth. #7. It's on the top, next to one of her two front teeth. She put the tooth in this cute tooth-fairy-holder- thing that hangs on the door. Woke up the next morning and I heard some scurrying around in T's room. And realized that I had fallen asleep immediately the night before, and totally FAILED in my TF duties. Bad, Bad mom. I ran for the cash and back to her room, where she was crying in bed b/c the tooth fairy forgot her. My heart was breaking too. Oy.

After some really fast talking, (lying through my teeth really), and some slight of hand under her pillow, I palmed the tooth and said that T must have been mistaken. Some fast talk about her waking up too early and the tooth fairy just wasnt done yet. Kid bought the whole thing. (insert HUGE sign of relief)

Today, Sunday, T is sporting a new hair style. Dot gave her some braids and she is very very proud of what she considers a big girl hairstyle.

I just think she's cute. But then I'm biased. The child could shave her head when she's rebelling and 16, and I'd still think she's adorable.

So after the TF fiasco of yesterday morning, we headed to the mall. T needed some ear buds (that's what they call ear or head phones these days) for her computer class. While out, we picked up a watch for her. Two watches, actually. She's been wanting one since she's learned how to tell time.


Ended up getting them both at Nordstroms of all places, where they were on sale for 11 bucks. JCP, Claires, and all the rest of the stores had watches for much more.

T, of course, chose the red one. It's a cuff-style with "diamonds" around the face. Mom chose the plainer pink one. I have my doubts that the gang at the catholic school will think the mod red watch is appropriate for school. Of course, given my lingering guilt from the tears of the morning, I caved and she got them both. Loves them. In fact right now, has them BOTH on. Same arm.

That's it for now. No idea what we're doing the rest of the long weekend. We're about to go and check up on my parents this afternoon.

Both Dot and I had to drop everything earlier in the week, as I got a call saying my dad was suddenly deaf in one ear. Had to get him in immediately that day for examination. Doc said its either nothing, i.e. clogged up ears, or its an ear virus. If a virus, he would have to start meds immediately else risk permanent hearing loss. So, off we went and the doc found two huge balls of wax clogging his ears. However, we was continuing to complain of hearing loss. So, Dot the next day had to drop all to take him to the doc. Turns out it was nothing serious, just the wax.

Bright spot in it all was that I was able to score another 5 or 6 packs of hearing aid batteries. I'll be placing them in the mail quite soon.



Posted by Picasa

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

At last - I've checked this blog a dozen times to see what's going on. I think the new hair style is the cutest yet. Dotty really works her magic and the TF is not so shabby either. xooxdiesse

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: