Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Its the little things that count

Yes, I'm beginning to very much appreciate the little things and find joy where I can. My current joy is my new laptop, which works at the speed of light. What a difference!

Of course, it was a bit of a pain getting it. I had to go to two best buys. They had it advertised on sale for 429.00. Frankly, given the fact that I'm about to get another paycut curtesy of the Board of County Commissioners, I've been trying to economize. New laptop wasn't in the budget. I wanted to pay as little as possible. However, I'm an HP girl. Always found that brand reliable. Plus, I wanted to get one big enough that my over-40 eyes could still see. This one was a 17 inch number.

My problem, is that I believe Be$t Buy is involved in a bit of bait and switch action. It was impossible to find a computer for the advertised price. Instead, they were adding at least another 99 buck for their bullshit geek squad services and in store warranties. In the past, their services/warranties were always a hard sell add on at the register. Now, the computer is supposedly already "fixed by them" and the price is automatically jacked up. Jerks.

Suddenly my 429 computer was 580 with tax at the register. Of course, they had no computer at the advertised price in stock. I walked away sans computer and annoyed. Luckily at the second store, I was able to cause enough of a stink that they reduced the price of the computer by 50 bucks. I didn't feel like wasting any more time or gas fighting over 50 bucks, so I caved.

Still I'm thinking of lodging a complaint with the atty general's office. I wonder if they do this with all their product, now?

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

Go ahead - kick butt.

Anonymous said...

Found them to be the same when we bought Brenda a laptop for Xmas. In fact, they said if it did not work, WE had to pay a restocking fee (it was being purchased as a gift and we would not know until Xmas morning if it worked). We wound up getting one at a cheaper price from OfficeDepot. Much better deal. And, Tom just returned a defective wireless router to them that was two weeks old. They charged a $4 restock fee for a defective piece of equipment. I pledge to never buy any computer equipment or otherwise from Best Buy. Hope you enjoy your new computer, though. And, sorry about the paycut. I hope the BOC gives themselves paycuts as well! Love to all. Kathie

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: