Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm an IDIOT

So, as you all know, T had her MRI today. We were off bright and early for our 830 appt, and arrived at the requested 730 a.m. I figured that the test would take an hour, and we'd be home by 10:30 at the latest. T might nap a bit, and I'd take her off to camp. I knew this would be the case as T responded so well when she had tubes and was under general anaesthesia. She bounced right back and was walking and talking, etc., 1/2 hour after she got to recovery.

that was not the case today.

T wasn't out due to general anaesthesia. She was out due to drugs. She was so cute going in. Smiling, laughing, blowing kisses, slurring her words. Quite the happy drunk.

After the procedure? Like Jekell and Hyde, she was CRAZED. Can you say DRUG RAGE? Oh.My.God.

T then passed out again, and I had the bright idea to put her in the carseat and get her home. I had no idea that should could not walk. I soon learned it seconds after pulling out onto the road. T squirmed out of her car seat in her rage, and was walking around the van...banking into all kinds of things b/c she was literally drunk on her feet. and mad.

I quickly backed up and called Marie and Jen, who came and rescued me. The nurse came back out to bring t back into the hospital, as I can't carry her with my trick back, and wrestled with her until she passed out again. Oy.

Ya think they could have warned me? Even if I didn't have a trick back, I should have had someone with me to sit with T in the back to make sure this very thing didn't happen.

So, we're home now, and T is still passed out in my bed. I'm about to go in there too, as my back feels like its going to go out from all the wrestling with her.

They say she'll be under the influence until about 9 tonight. Sigh.

Taylor on drugs....its an ugly picture.

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Connie said...

Bless her little heart. You both have been through a lot this morning. Here's hoping the remainder of the day & night will be easier and your back holds together. Luv Ya.....xox

Brownie Troop 157 said...

We've been in bed sleeping all afternoon. I just got up. T is still asleep, though squirming. Figure its just a matter of time.

I have to feed her very bland things slowly, and clear liquids b/c throwing up remains a risk/side affect. Poor baby will be hungry, though, as she's eaten nothing since last night.

Oh, the joy!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

She's now awake and high as a kite. All I have to say is....

Just say no to drugs.

Connie said...

Is Taylor back to her active sweet little self this morning and is the back hanging together????

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: