Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, June 29, 2012

T is Lovin' Camp

Can't tell you how much T is lovin' camp.  She's dancing.  She's cheering.  She's doing routines with the baton.  And she's going on field trips.  At least once a week they are off to the movies.  Then, there is usually some type of other event during  the week, in addition to the general reacreational things. 

Today she went to the venetian pool with the camp.  She had a ball.  She was planning for it all week.  Had to get a new target swim suit for the occasion.  She was insisting on a bikini..which I ban her from wearing to camp.  Call me old fashioned, but I'm sorry.  No kid needs to be running around the school yard and sliding down slides in a bikini.   Oh, how my youth is coming back to haunt me.  Of course, I was having these fights w my mom when I was 10.  T is just 7.  So, we compromised with a tankini.  That's a bikini, but the top has extra material that covers the stomach/torso area. 

Of  course, as with any field trip, the camp insists that the children wear their camp tshirt.  T wore hers too.  But over her swim cover up, which was over her swim suit.  She packed flip flops in her back pack to change into when they went to the pool at 1:00 p.m.  I just know as soon as I dropped her off, she changed her shoes.   Seriously...is this kid in second grade or 12th grade?  Sigh. 

On the agenda for the month of july.... a pirate ship cruise, a marlins game, lots more movies, and a camp olympics.

Why don't they have camp for adults?

0 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: