Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Where'd the Weekend Go??

That's what I've been asking myself all evening. I suspect I'll be asking in a week or so, "Where the hell did the summer go?"

I'm happy to report that we are pretty much ready for the new school year...which starts on 8/20. T's uniforms have been purchased. We have new shoes and sneakers. We just scored  some snazzy looking school supplies at t@rget. Lots of pink, purple and turquoise folders, notebooks, pencil holders.

And...I've just ordered her new rolling backpack and lunch box.  T chose a purple paisley print from potterybarn Teen.  (apparently no more pottery barn kid for us...boo hoo!)   I was particularly thrilled with her selection, as I'm certain this will hide the dirt much better than her previous ones did.

We're set for the 2nd grade!!!!









Now, we just need to work on T's penmenship when writing "u"'s . You'll see fairly quickly why I say that, when you see the picture (that I'm about to post) from a card she drew and pinned up on the 5 Guys billboard. Oy.

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dot said...

And only 4 got hearts. :-(. Yes, we need to work on keeping the top of the u open. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Cracks me up. Lol. Yes, a few pages of u's wouldn't be a bad idea. Love to all. Kathie

Vicki said...

Hey Ya'll. Yes...I too have been negligent on checking in with blogs, but I always get a kick out of you girls down in the lower 40 of the world. Ha. It's true. I'm returning to China. It's amazing. I hope to post a pic of Miss Molly soon.
Best to all of you. Your little girl is a sweetheart!! I remember so well her early baby pics while I was in the process of waiting for Emily. Where has summer gone? Heck....Where have those YEARS gone?
Hope ya'll are enjoying each day...
Vicki

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: