Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year Highs and Lows

The low of the holiday was that after we left the beach, T and I paused to put on our shoes before walking through a restaurant to our car. T sat on the edge of a very poorly designed chair. If one looked at the side of the chair, it would appear to be a check mark...so when on sat in in one leans back so far that one can get sun. Almost laying down but not. Anyway, the base was not big enough b/c when T sat on the edge, it went down and the back came flying up...headed straight for her head. Did I mention it was made out of really thick wood?

My natural reaction was to stick my hand out to keep it from bashing in her little head. Instead, it bashed my thumb. Luckily, xrays reveal no break. They suspect bruised bones. On NYE, I couldn't move my thumb or pick up anything. Oy, the pain.


Anyway, that didn't stop us from a bit of fun. We broke out the sparklers, Dot had bought some stone crabs, and I mixed up my new fav drink: the white cosmopolitan, made with St Germain Elderberry Liquor. It wasn't quite white...more blush...b/c I had to substitute red cranberry juice. Publix doesn't stock the white.

We then watched the Times Square fun all night on TV, and ended up going to bed before the ball dropped.



T never did finish her happy new year sign, so by the end of the night t's signed was 1/2 finished and her mother was 1/2 crocked.

The hang over hurt more than I expected. Not sure if my age or if it was the thumb. So, I say good riddance 2011. Hoping 2012 is a better year for everyone.


Posted by Picasa

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

So sorry for the thumb accident. You and Dorothy definitely have a thumb problem. Yep, 2011 is all over and I hope 2012 is a better tomorrow. The sparkling T picture is sooo cute. xox

BrokeMama said...

once i slammed my hand in the car door trying to prevent my daughter from slamming hers. my hand swelled to the size of...i don't even know but it was damn big. i guess nearly detaching limbs is a motherly thing? lol

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: