Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Dad Home Today

Well, Icolene returned from 2 days off, and demanded we get dad home. She says mom is less responsive every day. I do note that whenever I have been there the past few days, she has been asleep. Might wake up for a bit, then back to sleep.

So, I went over the the nursing home to begin discharge proceedings. I'll pick him up at the end of the day. We shall see how this all goes. I don't have high hopes at all for him to be able to deal with this and the aides in the house. So, we probably won't be able to go to the basket extravaganza at t's school this evening, as we will be dealing with him.

On an upnote, the parent teacher conference we extremely well. I have often thought T is extremely smart. But then, all parents think their kids are brilliant. That's how it should be. But even given that, I've thought she was particularly smart. Well, the teach confirmed it. So nice to get validation from an unbiased 3rd party!

T is excelling in all areas in school. The kids like the valadictorian of her class, if first grade had such a thing. I'm thrilled and thank god that T's studies is one area of my life that I don't have to worry. If I had to do all kinds of reviews with her at night, I think you'd have to put me in a looney bin, too.

So that's it. Plumber coming this morning, so I will be broke by the afternoon.

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

I'm hoping all goes well. Will check with you before I go down. Yep, that plumber's bill will be sky high. Think about an appliance repair & replacement contract. Mine also covers AC & plumbing. I'm happy T is doing so well - knew she would. Love U xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: