Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Miracle of Modern Medicine

I am slowly recovering from my awful throat. I personally think it was strep (official results back this monday). Last Tuesday, the fever came...103.5 at its highest. I was popping advil like a mad woman. And the throat just kept getting worse. By Wednesday, The glands in my neck swelled up and the pain started moving to my ears. I could barely swallow. Even touching the outside of my neck hurt.

Luckily, I got in to see the doc on wednesday. She took a culture for strep and immediately started antibiotics. Like flipping a switch, the symptoms started lessening. Now, fever's gone, and the swelling is down (but not gone). Swallowing is uncomfortable but not painful. As it appoaches time for my next antibiotic pill, symptoms get worse, so I know its not 100% gone, but I'm finally back to feeling like a human being.

Which started me feeling so, so greatful that I live in a time, when antibiotics are readily available and work. What did those poor souls do before they were invented? So, that's that.

We have a fairly slow weekend planned with nothing on the agenda. I'll be busy thanking my lucky stars for the miracle of modern medicine.

...and T remains healthy as a horse (knocking on wood as I type this)!

1 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

HALLELUJAH - now go paint the town red - you have paid the piper.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: