Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Nothing Interesting to Report

If anyone is still even tuning in to this dumb blog anymore, I'd be surprised. With everything going on here, I just haven't been in a mood to blog. My mother is being kicked out of the hospice program, as her medical decline has plateau'ed. That's the good news. The bad news, now, is that its a logistical nightmare. It also means that the hospice doctors and nurses will no longer come to the house to care for her. It all began, of course, during my never-ending trial and continues even through today.

The bad part about it all, is that we are no longer able to take my mom out to the dr. She would have to be taken by ambulance. Because her old treating physician's office is inaccessible to a patient on a bed accompanied by 2 EMT's, we had to find a new doctor. Luckily, we found one that will make house calls and treat her in the home. That's the plus side. Unfortunately, all of the medical equipment in the house: hospital bed, oxygen machine, nebulizer, etc. has to be switched out. Depsite the fact that medicare is paying for it either way, hospice medicare is a different program so therefore the change is required.

I had been hoping to take T on a getaway weekend to disney at the end of my trial, but that blew up as I had to be at my parent's house to oversee the switch last monday. I was afraid my father would get mad and throw them all out if someone wasn't there. Now, due to my work schedule, its impossible to go to disney before a big black out period for our passes for the summer. Next opportunity will not be until fall. I don't have high hopes for that. With my luck, I've just wasted our annual passes.

Good thing I was there, as the equipment co. tried to deliver the wrong equipment. Even as of today, there hasn't been a switch due to back-ordered equipment. The new ETA is this week. Maybe. Due to issues at work, its just so much harder now and more stressful, as it will be really hard to get coverage so I can go over there, and I'm absolutely booked solid all day long through the end of the month.

You wonder what more could go wrong? In the midst of all of this, my father is causing huge problems. Our aide is ready to quit on us, as he's just nasty to her, and screams at her to get out of the house. On monday 5/2, I get a call at 730 a.m. that he was throwing her out. Despite the fact that I was in the middle of trial and had a jury coming back at 10:30, I went charging over there to maintain the peace. I was successful, was able to make it back to court, but was so stressed the rest of the day that I was near-useless. Luckily, my defendant took a plea. I have no idea what would have happened had she not.

We still have our aide for now, but I know its just a matter of time. I doubt my dad will get better and stop. Our aide is getting at the end of her rope. One can only take that type of environment for so long. I have no idea how this will all end up. She'll probably quit, and we'll have to find a new aide...which will require me to go over there and meet them, interview them, probably stay there a night or two. I could go on and on about these problems, but I'm just so sick of it all, I don't even blog about it much anymore. Even that stresses me out. So instead I escape with D@ncing with the stars, @merican idol, Glee, etc. Mindless entertainment is all I can do at the moment. That plus hanging with T.

So...on to better news:



  • T's iron-on patches on her girl scout vest were peeling off. I confess to being next to useless on the domestic front, and my skills with an iron are practically non-existent. So I broke out the needle and thread to sew a few stitches around the patches. It was the perfect job for a rainy day. I'm particularly proud of the fact that I only sewed the damned vest to the shirt that I was wearing 2 times. That's a personal best!


  • I just taught my daughter tonight what a wedgie is. Not sure if that was the right move, or not. However, they were talking about wedgies on some cartoon that's probably too mature for her to watch, but I'm admit to being less than vigilent in my TV monitoring. She kept asking, so I explained. Actually, I came to realize that the only way to truly explain was to do it to her...gently... The kid couldn't stop laughing and is now going around the house giving herself ones. She's under strict orders never EVER to do it to any other person, or let anyone do it to her. Only time will tell.


  • While at the mall this weekend, I got a lead on a piano tuner and a piano teacher, both of whom would come to my home. Anybody have any idea on the age one should start kids with piano lessons? I started in kindergarten or first grade, but the dynamic was way different with me. I had an older sister taking lessons, so by definition, I automatically... desparately even... wanted to take lessons, too. Anybody got an opinions or words of wisdom? I'll probably delay this whatever the recommendations until my parents settle down. I just worry that will never happen for a really long time, and don't want T to miss out. Hard to know what to do.


  • Remember my house painting and new sod from back in march? Pressure cleaning the house and watering the new sod? I just got my water bill. For 12 years its ranged between 40.00 and 60.00 every three months. The current bill? Frickin' $312.52. NO LIE. I nearly fell out of my chair.


  • Taylor is still skating around the house every chance she gets...and makes me smile.

Hope you all have a great week.

3 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I think that T's finger span needs to be a certain width before most teachers will start piano lessons(at least that's what I was told, but I know nothing about playing music on anything but the recorder).

Please call me. I know you are crazy busy, but I'm worried about you.

xoxo,

Cecilia

Laura said...

Sara just started this year and loves it. The teacher advised us NOT to force her to practice yet so its pure fun. I'm sending you a separate e-mail - thinking of you guys.

Aunt Connie said...

Hi Honey....Sorry this is late but couldn't be helped. I just wish I could be of some help - your plate is full and overflowing. I feel for you, love you & T and have you in my prayers. xox

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: