Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Planning for camping

Well, I went to the camp planning meeting.    We broke up into teams of 6 or 7 to plan for our big camp out.  Of course, we will be at Camp Choee, which is GS camping lite.   We will be camping in cbs block cabins, complete with cots, mattresses, and a/c.   I'm thrilled.  Plus, bathrooms are in the cabins.  No tromping across the camp at night, dodging all sort of crazed creatures like foxes, raccoons, and armadillos.  

I'm thrilled.


I'm twice thrilled b/c I was assigned lunch.   The group voted for sandwiches.  So, I'm in charge of bringing all the fixings and preparing the sandwiches.   Perfect!   If the GS teachers insist, I supposed I can attempt to toast the bread over the fire, but I don't think that's required.

I, of course, said instead of me schlepping all  the fixings down to the camp...why don't I just pick up subway already prepared.   Well, that caused the GS teachers to spontaneously huddle up in a conference, come to our table and announce that my ingenous idea of picking up subway defeats the point of the training...which is planning the meal and remembering to bring the required stuff to prepare it. 

damn.

I think my team is very clever volunteering me for the non-cook meal.   They did that themselves without me pushing the idea.  

The camp out is not this weekend, but next.   I need to buy a bandana for the experience, and a dunk bag to hold my plate cup and utensils.  

They also announced that no alcohol is allowed.  Hmm.  I'm not a Florida Gator for nothing.  I've snuck more booze into more places than they can imagine.   I'm thinking some baileys, kahlua based drink for the end of the night, to make us sleep soundly. If anyone asks, I'll just claim its iced coffee. 

There is an ice machine at the camp.

SCORE!!

4 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Dot said...

Don't even think about it!

Aunt Connie said...

I see Gator land tought you how to get around things you would rather not do. Good luck.

Aunt Connie said...

So, what's it going to be? Ham, Publix sweet ham, chicken brest, turkey brest, cheese, pickles, olives, potato chipa, mayo and don't forget the spicy mustard. I can hardly wait for a report on this chapter of your relentless pursuit to be a perfect Brownie leader and I do beieve you will be one.

Aunt Connie said...

We need a report on the camping episode. Did you come home a happy camper??

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: