Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Honorable Mentioned Award!

Here's T with all the first graders who won awards for the Accelerated Readers Program. T won the honorable mentioned award. I had no idea that she was even doing the program. Hmmm, what does that say about me?

Since winning the award, I've learned that apparently the the children complete their classwork early, they can then read books and take little tests about the book, I guess to measure their reading comprehension. At the end of each semester, the parents get a print out of the books they read, the level of reading the book was, and the score on the little 5 question test.

I was laughing b/c T missed the most on the easiest levels. Clearly, somebody was messing around that day and not concentrating. I'm not sure if one is supposed to do it at home as well. That must be the case, as one little girl who won first place, had read like 40 books.

In other news, we shall spend a find weekend, pleasantly ignoring the superbowl. To all those with an interest, good luck to your team.

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

You never know what T will do next. Good Going T. Yep, I've got $2.00 on the Patriots.

Aunt Connie said...

Well, I lost my 2 bucks. Will go to bank tomorrow and get a $2.00 bill to pay off this staggering loss. Hope ya'll had a good weekend.

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: