Welcome 2nd Grade!!

No more sleeping late for us! It's back to school time!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day off tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off work. Unfortunately, its NOT going to be any fun. I was notified courtesy of the Fla. Dept. Motor Vehicles that I have to renew my license and am unable to do it online. I must go into the agency. Unfortunately for me, the next available appointments are AFTER my license expires.
With no appointment, That means I will probably be there ALL. FRICKIN'. DAY.
I suspect that I have to go in b/c i have a really great, really old picture on my d/l. From back in the day when I was popping diet pills and was skinny. Really skinny. And young... in my late 20's early 30's. I call it my Barbie doll license I looked so good in it (as compared to other ID photos which are always just BAD due to minimum wage high school photographers).
Of course, the upside of having a photo bearing an image of me in all my late-40's over-weight glory, is that I shall never again suffer the stunned looks from merchants when they would view my license photo and compare it to me today. I just know they were all saying in their minds, " Oy, what happened to her!"
So, tomorrow morning I'll be fixing my hair and putting on makeup, in a sad attempt to improve the new shot.
I'm just hoping the get a shot with my eyes open!

2 Brilliant Comment(s) from Friends:

Aunt Connie said...

Well now ------HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ! !You are beautiful just as you are and do not need that lean and hungary look. Good luck tomorrow with the license. I'll never forget how Dotty helped me with mine. xox

Aunt Connie said...

Did'ya get it???

A marvelous plan was made in the stars,
to create a miracle across the ocean so far....
Then entwine and weave all the hopes and labor,
it would take to bring us this joy called "Taylor"....
Now three lives are blessed and somewhere in the stars,
the planners are smiling, as we all are.
-Anon.




Taylor's Gal Pals

How Long We've Been a Family: